“CHAMPIONS OF PURPOSE” LAUNCH ACTS AS A FORCE FOR GOOD
The Athlete Media Group (AMG), are proud and delighted to launch a nationwide digital outdoor campaign thanks to Ocean Outdoor’s £10m SME Support Scheme.
Our “Champions of Purpose” campaign, created by Andy Corcoran’s lucky7 creative agency, will help celebrate a range of elite UK athletes and the charitable causes they support.
Sector bodies have estimated that charities could miss out on at least £4.3bn of income during the coronavirus lockdown so the campaign has been designed to give the selected good causes greater exposure & awareness in key national cities. The campaign will be seen across multiple sites in London Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Bristol for two weeks from May 5th.
Athletes & their charities / good causes being supported include:
- professional boxer Isaac Chamberlain & Gloves Up, Knives Down (photograph credit: Ernest Simons)
- 2016 Olympic Gold medallist Crista Cullen MBE & the Tofauti Foundation
- double amputee adventurer Duncan Slater & Walking With The Wounded
- 8-time world record holding adventurer Sally Orange & Army Cadets UK
- world record Atlantic rower Kiko Matthews & Mossy Earth
- para table tennis player Martin Perry & Finding Your Feet (photograph credit: Fraser Havenhand)
- blind dressage rider Verity Smith & Guide Dogs
- former Saracens and Scotland rugby captain Kelly Brown & Action For Stammering Children
- former England footballer & professional boxer, Stacey Copeland & Pave The Way
- visually-impaired England Rugby player Si Lediwth & The Change Foundation
- leadership specialist Drew Povey & Parklands Primary School Leeds
- blind England footballer, Azeem Amir & Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity
- leading British polar explorer Pen Hadow & 90 North Unit
Ocean Outdoor launched the £10m fund offering free ad space to small businesses in early April 2020 and received hundreds of applications. The fund aims to give businesses and brands like AMG access to advertising space on the company’s network of screens.
Mark Middlemas, CEO & Founder of AMG, commented,
“Ocean Outdoor’s SME Scheme gives a small business like AMG a fantastic national platform. It is a very difficult time for both athletes and the many charitable good causes they support so to be able to act as a force for good and deliver such a positive message for them is a dream come true! The fabulous lucky7 creative work has helped us to connect in a more meaningful way to a much wider audience than we could normally.”
For more information on the outdoor creative idea and execution please visit www.lucky7.agency.
This article is in partnership with Castore, the premium performance sportswear brand that exists to make athletes better.
Visit www.castore.com and use discount code CASTOREAMB20-ST1C for 20% off.